15. In spite of their efforts, the team of scientists could not make much headway to solve the problem.
16. On scrutiny the police officer found out that the documents provided by the landlord were totally fabricated.
17. Lack of occupation is not necessary revealed by manifest idleness.
18. The accident occurred due to his lapse.
19. Sunlight and shadow made the landscape a kaleidoscope of colour.
A.tube containing mirrors and loose pieces of coloured glass
B.frequently changing pattern of bright scenes
C.a mixture of black and white
D.resembling the seven colours of rainbow
20. After the dismal performance of the team in the series concluded yesterday, the captain offered his resignation to the president of the club.
21. We didn't believe in his statement, but subsequent events proved that he was right.
Page 3 of 15