50. The party stalwarts have advised the President to take it lying down for a while.
A.to be cautious
B.to be on the defensive
C.to take rest
D.to show no reaction
51. The thief took to his heels when he saw a policeman on the beat.
A.had some pain in his heels
B.ran away from the scene
C.confronted the policeman
D.could not decide what to do
52. He struck several bad patches before he made good.
A.came across bad soil
B.Had a bad time
C.Went through many illness
D.Had many professional difficulties
53. The accounts of the murder made her flesh creep.
A.Made her sad
C.Made her cry bitterly
D.Fill her with horror
54. How long will the people put up with the increasing economic hardships?
C.remain satisfied with
55. The teacher warned the student once for all that no mischief shall be tolerated in the class.
56. I hope it will not put you out If I am late.
Page 8 of 21