22. This matter has been hanging fire for the last many months and must therefore be decided one way or the other.
A.going on slowly
23. In the armed forces, it is considered a great privilege to die in harness.
A.die on a horse back
B.die in the battlefield
C.die while still working
D.die with honour
24. The cricket match proved to be a big draw.
A.a keen contest
B.a huge attraction
C.a lovely spectacle
D.a game without any result
25. When he heard that he had once again not been selected he lost heart.
26. He was undecided. He let the grass grow under his feet.
27. Although he has failed in the written examination, he is using backstairs influence to get the job.
C.Deserving and proper influence
D.Secret and unfair influence
28. Companies producing goods play to the gallery to boost their sales.
B.cater to the public taste
C.attempt to appeal to popular taste
D.depend upon the public for approval
Page 4 of 21