134. I have a bone to pick with you in this matter.
A.Am in agreement
D.Will join hands
135. The new C.M stuck his neck out today and promised 10kgs. free wheat a month for all rural families.
A.took an oath
B.took a risk
136. Harassed by repeated acts of injustice. he decided to put his foot down.
A.not to yield
C.to accept the proposal unconditionally
137. The class could not keep a straight face on hearing the strange pronunciation of the new teacher.
138. The parliamentary inquiry into the Bofors deal did not bring to light any startling facts.
139. His speech went down well with the majority of the audience.
A.found acceptance with
B.was attentively listened to by
C.was appreciated by
D.was applauded by
140. Rohit has bitten off more than he chew.
A.Is trying to do much
B.Is very greedy
C.Is always hungry
D.Has little regard for others
Page 20 of 21