106. While the ladies continued their small talk in the drawing room, I felt bored.
107. My car broke down on way to the railway station.
B.met with an accident
C.ran out of petrol
D.failed to work
108. My father strained every nerve to enable me to get settled in life.
A.worked very hard
B.spent a huge amount
C.tried all tricks
D.bribed several persons
109. He is always picking holes in every project.
A.creating problems in
B.finding fault with
C.suggesting improvement in
D.asking irrelevant questions on
110. The die is cast and now let us hope for the best.
A.project is over
B.decision is made
C.death is inevitable
D.cloth has been dyed
111. Pt. Nehru was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.
A.born in a middle class family
B.born in a wealthy family
C.born in a royal family
D.born in a family of nationalists
112. The arrival of the mother-in-law in the family proved a rift in the lute.
A.caused unnecessary worries
B.brought about disharmony
C.caused a pleasant atmosphere
D.brought about a disciplined atmosphere
Page 16 of 21