1. What is the purpose of Spanning Tree Protocol in a switched LAN?
A.To provide a mechanism for network monitoring in switched environments
B.To prevent routing loops in networks with redundant paths
C.To prevent switching loops in networks with redundant switched paths
D.To manage the VLAN database across multiple switches
2. Which statement describes a spanning-tree network that has converged?
A.All switch and bridge ports are in the forwarding state.
B.All switch and bridge ports are assigned as either root or designated ports.
C.All switch and bridge ports are in either the forwarding or blocking state.
D.All switch and bridge ports are either blocking or looping.
3. What does a switch do when a frame is received on an interface and the destination hardware address is unknown or not in the filter table?
A.Forwards the switch to the first available link
B.Drops the frame
C.Floods the network with the frame looking for the device
D.Sends back a message to the originating station asking for a name resolution
4. In which circumstance are multiple copies of the same unicast frame likely to be transmitted in a switched LAN?
A.During high-traffic periods
B.After broken links are reestablished
C.When upper-layer protocols require high reliability
D.In an improperly implemented redundant topology
5. If you want to disable STP on a port connected to a server, which command would you use?
6. Which of the following statement is true?
A.A switch creates a single collision domain and a single broadcast domain. A router creates a single collision domain.
B.A switch creates separate collision domains but one broadcast domain. A router provides a separate broadcast domain.
C.A switch creates a single collision domain and separate broadcast domains. A router provides a separate broadcast domain as well.
D.A switch creates separate collision domains and separate broadcast domains. A router provides separate collision domains.
7. You have two switches connected together with two crossover cables for redundancy, and STP is disabled. Which of the following will happen between the switches?
A.The routing tables on the switches will not update.
B.The MAC forward/filter table will not update on the switch.
C.Broadcast storms will occur on the switched network.
D.The switches will automatically load-balance between the two links.
Page 1 of 3