8. You type debug ip rip on your router console and see that 172.16.10.0 is being advertised to you with a metric of 16. What does this mean?
A.The route is 16 hops away.
B.The route has a delay of 16 microseconds.
C.The route is inaccessible.
D.The route is queued at 16 messages a second.
9. The Corporate router receives an IP packet with a source IP address of 192.168.214.20 and a destination address of 192.168.22.3. Looking at the output from the Corporate router, what will the router do with this packet? Corp#sh ip route [output cut] R 192.168.215.0 [120/2] via 192.168.20.2, 00:00:23, Serial0/0 R 192.168.115.0 [120/1] via 192.168.20.2, 00:00:23, Serial0/0 R 192.168.30.0 [120/1] via 192.168.20.2, 00:00:23, Serial0/0 C 192.168.20.0 is directly connected, Serial0/0 C 192.168.214.0 is directly connected, FastEthernet0/0
A.The packet will be discarded.
B.The packet will be routed out the S0/0 interface.
C.The router will broadcast looking for the destination.
D.The packet will be routed out the Fa0/0 interface.
10. If your routing table has a static, a RIP, and an IGRP route to the same network, which route will be used to route packets by default?
A.Any available route
11. What is route poisoning?
A.It sends back the protocol received from a router as a poison pill, which stops the regular updates.
B.It is information received from a router that can't be sent back to the originating router.
C.It prevents regular update messages from reinstating a route that has just come up.
D.It describes when a router sets the metric for a downed link to infinity.
12. Which of the following is true regarding RIPv2?
A.It has a lower administrative distance than RIPv1.
B.It converges faster than RIPv1.
C.It has the same timers as RIPv1.
D.It is harder to configure than RIPv1.
13. A network administrator views the output from the show ip route command. A network that is advertised by both RIP and IGRP appears in the routing table flagged as an IGRP route. Why is the RIP route to this network not used in the routing table?
A.IGRP has a faster update timer.
B.IGRP has a lower administrative distance.
C.RIP has a higher metric value for that route.
D.The IGRP route has fewer hops.
14. What does RIPv2 use to prevent routing loops? 1. CIDR 2. Split horizon 3. Authentication 4. Classless masking 5. Holddown timers
A.1 and 3
B.2, 3 and 5
C.2 and 5
D.3 and 4
Page 2 of 3