1. Which of the following statements are true regarding the command ip route 172.16.4.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.4.2? 1. The command is used to establish a static route. 2. The default administrative distance is used. 3. The command is used to configure the default route. 4. The subnet mask for the source address is 255.255.255.0.
A.1 and 2
B.2 and 4
C.3 and 4
D.All of the above
2. Which command displays RIP routing updates?
A.show ip route
B.debug ip rip
D.debug ip route
3. Which statement is true regarding classless routing protocols? 1. The use of discontiguous networks is not allowed. 2. The use of variable length subnet masks is permitted. 3. RIPv1 is a classless routing protocol. 4. IGRP supports classless routing within the same autonomous system. 5. RIPv2 supports classless routing.
A.1, 3 and 5
B.3 and 4
C.2 and 5
D.None of the above
4. You have the following routing table. Which of the following networks will not be placed in the neighbor routing table? R 192.168.30.0/24 [120/1] via 192.168.40.1, 00:00:12, Serial0 C 192.168.40.0/24 is directly connected, Serial0 172.16.0.0/24 is subnetted, 1 subnets C 172.16.30.0 is directly connected, Loopback0 R 192.168.20.0/24 [120/1] via 192.168.40.1, 00:00:12, Serial0 R 10.0.0.0/8 [120/15] via 192.168.40.1, 00:00:07, Serial0 C 192.168.50.0/24 is directly connected, Ethernet0
D.All of them will be placed in the neighbor routing table.
5. What is split horizon?
A.Information about a route should not be sent back in the direction from which the original update came.
B.It splits the traffic when you have a large bus (horizon) physical network.
C.It holds the regular updates from broadcasting to a downed link.
D.It prevents regular update messages from reinstating a route that has gone down.
6. What command is used to stop RIP routing updates from exiting out an interface but still allow the interface to receive RIP route updates?
A.Router(config-if)# no routing
C.Router(config-router)# passive-interface s0
D.Router(config-router)# no routing updates
7. Two connected routers are configured with RIP routing. What will be the result when a router receives a routing update that contains a higher-cost path to a network already in its routing table?
A.The updated information will be added to the existing routing table.
B.The update will be ignored and no further action will occur.
C.The updated information will replace the existing routing table entry.
D.The existing routing table entry will be deleted from the routing table and all routers will exchange routing updates to reach convergence.
Page 1 of 3