78. A worker may claim Rs. 1.50 for each km which he travels by taxi and 50 p for each km he drives his own car. If in one week he claimed Rs. 50 for travelling 80 km, how many kms did he travel by taxi ?
79. In an examination, a student scores 4 marks for every correct answer and loses 1 mark for every wrong answer. If he attempts in all 60 questions and secures 130 marks, the number of questions he attempts correctly, is :
80. A cricket team won 3 matches more than they lost. If a win gives them 2 points and loss (? 1) point, how many matches, in all, have they played if their score is 23 ?
81. A total of 324 coins of 20 paise and 25 paise make a sum of Rs. 71. The number of 25-paise coins is
82. A man has Rs. 480 in the denominations of one-rupee notes, five-rupee notes and ten-rupee notes. The number of notes of each denomination is equal. What is the total number of notes that he has ?
83. On Children?s Day, sweets were to be equally distributed among 175 children in a school. Actually on the Children?s Day, 35 children were absent and therefore each child got 4 sweets extra. Total how many sweets were available for distribution ?
D.None of these
84. A number of friends decided to go on a picnic and planned to spend Rs. 96 on eatables. Four of them, however, did not turn up. As a consequence, the remaining ones had to contribute Rs. 4 each extra. The number of those who attended the picnic was
Page 12 of 14