8. The first step in infection of a host bacterial cells by a phage is
9. Which of the following viruses has not been associated with human cancer?
A.Hepatitis C virus
B.Hepatitis B virus
D.Herpes simplex virus type 2
10. The viral nucleocapsid is the combination of
A.genome and capsid
B.capsid and spikes
C.envelope and capsid
D.capsomere and genome
11. Edward Jenner began inoculating humans with material from __________ lesions.
12. The viruses in an attenuated vaccine
A.have no genome
B.continue to replicate
C.are usually larger than bacteria
D.is altered with chemicals
13. Enveloped viruses have a __________ shape.
14. The envelope of which of the following viruses is derived from the host cell nucleus?
Page 2 of 10