15. West Nile virus can cause a disease in human beings that may be transmitted from an infected bird to a person by a mosquito. This is an example of
B.fomite borne disease
C.arthropod borne disease
16. What does the positive strand in double stranded RNA viruses stands for?
D.None of these
17. Which of the following characteristics would not be used to classify viruses?
A.Type of cell wall structure
B.Type of nucleic acid
C.Presence of an envelope
18. Interanuclear inclusion bodies are found in cells infected with
D.all of these
19. The reovirus and influenza virus contain
A.10 different segments of dsRNA and 8 different segments of ssRNA respectively
B.8 different segments of dsRNA and 10 different segments of ssRNA respectively
C.5 different segments of dsRNA and 7 different segments of ssRNA respectively
D.7 different segments of dsRNA and 5different segments of ssRNA respectively
20. Which type of interferon is produced by T lymphocytes?
D.γ and β
21. Transfer of infection from cell to cell occurs mainly by direct transfer of virions via
D.none of these
Page 3 of 5