8. Which phage always carries a small piece of E.coli genome?
9. The final step of gene expression is protein synthesis, which is also known as
D.none of these
10. What is the maximum number of different amino acids in a polypeptide chain coded by the synthetic polyribonucleotides (UCAG)5?
11. What is the direct cause of cell death by diphtheria toxin?
A.Formation of an ion channel in the cell membrane
B.Inactivation of a translational elongation factor
C.Induction of apoptosis
D.None of the above
12. The development of global regulatory systems in prokaryotes
A.determines the exact location of the cell on the globe
B.aids in DNA replication
C.determines the exact location of the replication site
D.regulates many genes under varying environmental conditions
13. The interaction between the mRNA and tRNA determined the position of amino acid in a polypeptide sequence. This is called the
14. What are the Svedberg values for the subunits of the 70S ribosomes of E. colli?
A.40S and 30S
B.50S and 20S
C.50S and 30S
D.40S and 20S
Page 2 of 5