8. The sigma factor
A.is responsible for recognizing the termination sequence
B.provides the catalytic function of cleaving off pyrophosphates during mRNA synthesis
C.recognizes the promotor
D.accomplishes DNA restriction
9. The synthesis of mRNA based on a DNA template is called
10. Recognition/binding site of RNA polymerase is called
11. Which of the following enzyme(s) is/are required for lactose fermentation?
D.All of these
12. Which of these catalyzes the synthesis of RNA from a DNA template?
13. A level of regulation, demonstrated by the termination of transcription if tryptophan is abundant, by the tryptophan operon in E.coli cells is called
14. An mRNA transcript of a gene contains
A.a start codon
B.a stop codon
D.all of these
Page 2 of 3