1. Which of the following serotypes of Salmonella does not produce H2S?
B.S paratyphi A
C.Both (a) and (b)
D.None of these
2. Which of the following is the commonest species of Salmonella for causing zoonotic disease?
3. Which of the following media is selective for Salmonella?
A.Thiosulphate citrate bile salt agar
B.Wilson and Blair's brilliant-green bismuth sulphite agar medium
C.Bile salt agar
D.All of the above
4. Xylose lysine deoxycholate (XLD) agar is better selective medium than the deoxycholate citrate agar (DCA) because
A.it is selective
B.it imparts better growth
C.it contains high salt concentration
D.it is less inhibitory to S. Dysentriae and S. flexneri
5. Which of the following property(ies) is/are seen in the members of family Enterobacteriaceae?
A.They are catalase-positive
B.They are oxidase-negative
C.They ferment glucose
D.They reduce nitrates to nitrites
6. Dysentery may be caused by
A.enteropathogenic Escherichia coli
B.enteroinvasive E. coli
C.enterotoxigenic E. coli
D.verotoxigenic E. coli
7. Which of the following(s) bacteria belong to the family Entero-bacteriaceae?
D.All of these
Page 1 of 7