15. Which of the following describes the function of a secretory vacuole?
A.Sites of food digestion
B.Maintain osmotic balance by continuous water expulsion
C.Contain specific enzymes that perform various functions
D.Structures that accept male gametes during sexual reproduction
16. Organisms are parasitic and have a resistant spore with one to six coiled polar filaments belong to which phylum of Protozoa?
17. Which of the following is least likely to get in or on a protozoan such as a diplomonad or trichomonad?
B.More than one nucleus
C.Genes to produce a cyst form
D.Rigid polysaccharide cell wall
18. Members of which phylum of Protozoa are being considered as biological control agents for certain insects?
D.all of these
19. Protozoa are generally not
C.lacking cell walls
20. Number of motility structures on flagellated cells is
A.greater than ciliated cells
B.lesser than ciliated cells
C.equal to ciliated cells
D.none of these
21. Protozoa have several types of vacuoles.The function of a contractile vacuole is to
A.maintain osmotic balance by continuous water expulsion
B.creates sites of food digestion
C.contain specific enzymes that perform various functions
D.have sites for photosynthesis
Page 3 of 3