8. Sexual reproduction in the Protozoa occurs most commonly by
9. Organisms with complex life cycles which include a mammalian host and an insect host and involves schizogony as part of the cycle belong to which phylum of Protozoa?
10. A protozoan is defined as
A.motile prokaryotic unicellular protist
B.motile eukaryotic unicellular protist
C.motile eukaryotic unicellular photosynthetic protist
D.motile eukaryotic multicellular protist
11. Organisms which have spore-forming stage in their life cycle and lack special locomotory organelles belong to which phylum of Protozoa?
12. Members of the Protozoa may motile by all of the following methods except
B.gliding by slime secretion
13. Most commonly asexual reproduction in the Protozoa is by
14. Which of the following describes the function of a phagocytic vacuole?
A.Contain specific enzymes that perform various functions
B.Maintain osmotic balance by continuous water expulsion
C.Structures that accept male gametes during sexual reproduction
D.Sites of food digestion
Page 2 of 3