22. Media containing spores and thermolabile constituents are sterilized by
23. A(n)____is used to prevent infection by killing or inhibiting pathogen growth on animal tissues.
24. One drawback to the use of ultraviolet light as a sterilizing agent is its
A.failure to kill bacteria
B.failure to bacterial spores
C.failure to kill microbes in a closed environment
D.failure to kill microbes located in the center of an object
25. Ethylene oxide is used to destroy or kill which of the following microbes?
D.All of these
26. Which of the following was the first widely used antiseptic and disinfectant?
27. If a 1:600 dilution of a test compound kills a standard population of Staphylococcus aureus in 10 minutes but not 5 minutes while a 1:60 dilution of phenol kills the population in the same time, what is the phenol coefficient of the test compound?
28. Microbes can be removed from a liquid solution by the process of
Page 4 of 7