8. What is an anaerobic digester?
A.New diet drink
B.Microbe that eats hazardous waste
C.Method to convert agricultural waste into a biogas
D.All of the above
9. The use of microbes to break down synthetic waste products such as polychlorinated biphenyls is called
10. Activated sludge contains large number of
B.yeasts and molds
D.all of these
11. Iron bacteria can produce
B.undesirable odors and tastes
C.both (a) and (b)
A.provides the U.S. with about 50% of its energy
B.consists largely of wood, animal, and human waste
C.is unlikely to be a major source of energy globally
D.offers the consumer high quality energy with low environmental impact
13. Composting is one of the oldest forms of disposal of waste. It is the natural process of decomposition of organic waste that yields manure or compost. One of the following is added to the compost to get better results?
14. Which is not a form of biomass energy?
A.Incineration of solid waste
B.Composting to produce methane
C.Ethanol and methanol production for auto fuel
D.Photovoltaic production of hydrogen
Page 2 of 4