29. The correct term for the transfer of genetic material between bacteria in direct physical contact is
30. Plasmid that carries genes encoding enzymes, which degrade substances such as aromatic compounds, pesticides or sugar are
D.none of these
31. R factors involved in plant-microbe interactions are
C.essential for transfer of DNA to plant cells
D.also called opines
32. Which of the following is used by microbial genetisists as a tool?
D.All of these
33. Which of the following type of recombination does not require homologous sequences and is utilized by mobile genetic elements that move about chromosomes?
34. Which of the following term describes the relationship between a virus and host where no new viral particles are produced and the viral genome is replicated along with host chromosome?
35. Inverted repeat sequences at each end and a gene encoding transposase is contained in which of the following transposable element?
Page 5 of 6