15. The term used for plasmids possessing both RTF and r determinants is
A.A. non self-transmissible plasmids
B.non conjugative plasmids
D.none of the above
16. Diagnostic DNA probes have been developed for
B.Hepatitis B virus
C.Human immunodeficiency virus
D.all of the above
17. Which of the following statement(s) is/are true in regards to F+ x F- mating events?
A.DNA is transferred from F- to F+ cells
B.DNA is transferred from F+ to F- cells
C.No DNA is transferred because F- cells are unable to perform conjugation
D.No DNA is transferred because F+ cells are unable to perform conjugation
18. Which of the following type of recombination does not require homologous sequences and is important for the integration of viral genomes into bacterial chromosomes?
19. What information can be generated by interrupted mating experiments?
A.Levels of DNA homology
B.Bacterial genome maps
C.DNA nucleotide sequences
D.Proteomics of the bacteria
20. Which of the following transport bacterial DNA to other bacteria via bacteriophages?
21. When composite transposons are formed
A.a small deletion occurs in the transposase gene of an IS element
B.a small deletion occurs in the transposase gene of an IS element and plasmid is integrated
C.an IS element integrates with another IS element with the help of a plasmid
D.two IS elements integrate into a chromosome with only a small distance separating them
Page 3 of 6