8. In lysogeny,
A.a bacteriophage transfers bacterial DNA
B.bacteria take up double stranded DNA from the environmen
C.DNA-degrading enzymes in the extracellular medium would stop the process
D.a bacteriophage genome is integrated into the bacterial genome
9. A microarray differs from a gene fusion in that, it
A.carries DNA segments from many different genes
B.is not constructed by cloning
C.gives direct measurement of mRNA level
D.all of the above
10. Who discovered transposons (jumping genes)?
11. Which type of plasmid can exist with or without being integrated into the host's chromosome?
12. The main difference between a self-transmissible and a mobilizable plasmid is that the self-transmissible plasmid
A.transfers both strands of the plasmid DNA
B.carries genes encoding the mating apparatus
C.transfers antibiotic resistance genes
D.usually has a transposon inserted into it
13. Which of the following is the cause for drug resistance in tuberculosis?
14. The transposase gene encodes an enzyme that facilitate
A.viral replication within a genome
C.site-specific integration of transposable elements
D.none of the above
Page 2 of 6