8. Hyphomycete fungi
A.produce nonmotile tetaradiate conidia
B.grow in leaves and the infected leaves are the preferred food source for some aquatic insects
C.both (a) and (b)
D.none of the above
9. Loss of carbon through the microbial loop in oligotrophic environments is __________ to/than the loss of carbon through the microbial loop in copiotrophic environments.
10. Metabolism of dissolved organic material released by phytoplankton allows heterotrophic bacteria to become part of the particulate organic matter that is passed up the food web to be metabolized and released as mineral elements and CO2 at each transfer. This sentence describes the
D.Gibbs free energy
11. Which of the following is correct?
A.All members of Hyphomycetes are also members of Fungi, but not all members of Fungi are members of Hyphomycetes
B.All members of Fungi are also members of Hyphomycetes, but not all members of Hyphomycetes are members of Fungi
C.All members of Hyphomycetes are members of Fungi, and all members of Fungi are members of Hyphomycetes
D.No member of Hyphomycetes is a member of Fungi
12. The amount of oxygen dissolved in hypolimnion water in the winter is __________ to/than the amount of oxygen dissolved in hypolimnion water in the summer
C.approximately equal to
13. Members of all of the following genera of bacteria typically are found in a maturing Winogradsky column except
14. Because it can be used with a variety of media and allow a resuscitation step the __________ technique has become the common and often preferred method of evaluating the microbiological characteristics of water.
A.most probable number
Page 2 of 3