57. The binomial name of a microbe is composed of
A.its kingdom and genus names
B.its genus name and a species modifier
C.its family and class names
D.its genus and species names
58. Which of the following is a characteristic unique to the ciliates?
A.Use of cilia as a sensory function
B.Presence of both a macronucleus and several micronuclei
C.Both (a) and (b)
D.Possess a light-detecting eye spot
59. Which of the following structure is present in prokaryotic cells?
60. The word cell was first used by
61. What are Blue-Green bacteria called?
D.None of the above
62. The endosymbiosis hypothesis provides an explanation for how
A.eukaryotes developed from prokayotes
B.prokaryotes developed from eukaryotes
C.algae developed from protozoa
D.protozoa developed from algae
63. The Archaea include all of the following except
Page 9 of 9