43. The idea of selective toxicity was first proposed by
A.Antony van Leeuwenhoek
44. Which of the following sequences has helped in identifying eukaryotes, eubacteria and archeabacterial cell types?
D.Amino acid sequence
45. Archeal cells usually do not contain peptidoglycan, rather contain pseudo-peptidoglycan which is mainly composed of
A.N-acetylmuramic acid and L-amino acids
B.N-acetylmuramic acid and D-amino acids
C.N-acetyltalosaminuronic acid and D-amino acids
D.N-acetyltalosaminuronic acid and L-amino acids
46. In the three domain system of classification, the traditional bacteria are placed in the
D.none of these
47. One of the reasons for the evolutionary success of the kingdom Monera is that its members are nutritionally diverse. Which of the following(s) is/are the way(s) of obtaining energy?
D.All of the above
48. Carl Woese and his colleague are best known for establishing
A.the five kingdom system
B.the three domain system
C.the prokaryote-eukaryote system
D.the plant-animal system
49. Which of the following is not found in the kingdom Monera?
B.Organized cell structure
C.Ability to reproduce
D.Ability to use energy
Page 7 of 9