15. Mycoplasmas, rickettsiae, and chlamydiae are
A.types of fungi
C.species of protozoa
D.forms of viruses
16. Which of the following structure is absent in eukaryotic cells?
17. Who was the inventor of the Petri dish?
A.R.J. Petri, an assistant of R. Koch
B.A famous French cook
C.Italian glass blower from Petri, Italy
D.None of the above
18. Which one is not studied in microbiology?
19. A characteristic of protein synthesis in both the archaea and eukarya is
A.transcription and translation are coupled
B.translation is inhibited by diphtheria toxin
C.proteins are synthesized from D-, rather than L-, isomers of amino acids
D.the initiator tRNA is charged with N-formyl-methionine
20. Cell theory includes all of the following except
A.all organisms are composed of one or more cells
B.the cell is the most primitive form of life
C.the cell is the structural unit of life
D.cells arise by division of preexisting cells
21. The five-kingdom system of classification was set up by The five-kingdom system of classification was set up by
Page 3 of 9