8. The replication of chromosomes by eukaryotes occurs in a relatively short period of time because
A.the eukaryotes have more amount of DNA for replication
B.the eukaryotic replication machinery is 1000 times faster than the prokaryotes
C.each chromosome contains multiple replicons
D.eukaryotic DNA is always single stranded
9. In E.coli, which enzyme synthesizes the RNA primer for Okazaki fragments?
D.all of these
10. During which of the following process a new copy of a DNA molecule is precisely synthesized?
11. DNA gyrase is inhibited by
C.both (a) and (b)
12. Which of the following enzymes unwind short stretches of DNA helix immediately ahead of a replication fork?
C.Single-stranded binding proteins
13. During DNA replication in prokaryotes, synthesis begins on the circular chromosome
A.always at the same place
B.at any stretch of DNA that is high in AT pairs
C.randomly on the chromosome
D.at the promoter
14. DNA replication rates in prokaryotes are approximately of the order of
A.10 bases per second
B.1,00 bases per second
C.1,000 bases per second
D.10,000 bases per second
Page 2 of 3