100. The radius taken into consideration in calculating the stress in a hollow shaft subjected to torsion is
D.Both inner and outer radii
101. Thin cylinders are used to store
B.11.128. The safe twisting moment for a compound shaft is equal to the
D.(e) any one of the above.
102. The safe twisting moment for a compound shaft is equal to the
A.Maximum calculated value
B.Minimum calculated value
103. The torsional rigidity of a shaft is expressed by the
A.Maximum torque it can transmit
B.Number of cycles it undergoes before failure
C.Elastic limit upto which it resists torsion, shear and bending stresses torque required to produce a twist of one radian per unit length of shaft
D.(e) maximum power it can transmit at highest possible speed.
104. In the case of thick cylinder, the ratio of cylinder diameter to wall thickness is less than or equal to
105. If r and ro be the inner and outer radii of a cylinder then theory of thick cylinder can be applied when ri/ro is equal to
B.Greater than 1.2.
D.Less than 1.2
106. The value of shear stress which is induced in the shaft due to the appli d couple varies
A.From maximum at the centre to zero at the circumference
B.From zero at the centre to maximum at the circumference
C.Froin maximum at the centre b minimum at the cricumference
D.From minimum at the centre to maximum at the circumference
Page 15 of 36