43. In mixed flow centrifugal pump
A.Two fluids are mixed up at suction
B.Two fluids are pumped separately and then both mix up at delivery
C.Two impellers, radial and axial type are employed
D.Flow through the impeller is a combination of radial and axial flows
44. To avoid cavitation in centrifugal pumps
A.Suction pressure should be low
B.Delivery pressure should be low
C.Suction pressure should be high
D.Delivery pressure should be high
45. The work requirement of a reciprocating pump with increase in acceleration head
D.May increase/decrease depending upon the head developed
46. A double acting reciprocating pump compared to single acting pump will have nearly
47. For pumping viscous oil, which pump will be used
48. When a centrifugal pump is started, there will be no flow of water until the pressure rise in the impeller is large enough to overcome the
49. Overall efficiency of a centrifugal pump is equal to
A.Volumetric ? X manometric ? X mechanical ?
B.Volumetric ? / manometric ? X mechanical ?
C.Manometric ? / volumetric ? X mechanical ?
D.Mechanical ?/ volumetric ? X Manometric ?
Page 7 of 20