113. Choose the wrong statement
A.Any weight, floating or immersed in a liquid, is acted upon by a buoyant force
B.Buoyant force is equal to the weight of the liquid displaced
C.The point through which buoyant force acts is called the centre of buoyancy
D.Centre of buoyancy is located above the centre of gravity of the displaced liquid,
114. When a body floating in a liquid, is displaced slightly, it oscillates about
A.C.g. of body
B.Centre of pressure
C.Centre of buoyancy
115. Buoyant force is
A.Resultant force acting on a floating body
B.Equal to the volume of liquid displaced
C.Force necessary to keep a body in equilibrium the resultant force on a body due to the fluid surrounding it
D.(e) none of the above.
116. Ratio of inertia force to surface tension is known as
117. A ship whose hull length is 100 m is to travel at 10 m/sec. For dynamic similarity, at what velocity should a 1:25 model be towed through water ?
D.(a) 50 m/sec
118. A model of a reservior is drained in 4 mts by opening the sluice gate. The model scale is 1: 225. How long 'should it take to empty the prototype ?
B.4 x NEB-minutes.
C.4 x (225)3/2 minutes
D.4 (225)1/3 minutes
119. A model of torpedo is tested in a towing tank at a velocity of 25 m/sec. The prototype is expected to attain a velocity of 5 m/sec. What model scale has beep used ?
Page 17 of 50