15. Which of the following errors are inevitable in the measuring system and it would be vainflul exercise to avoid them
16. Which of the following instruments is most accurate
B.Manometric screw gauge
17. Which of the following refers to parasitic error.
A.Error, often gross, which results from incorrect execution of measurement
B.Algebraic difference between the results of measurement and the value of comparison
C.Error which varies in an unpredictable manner in absolute value and in sign when a large number of measurements of the same value of a quantity are made under practically identical conditions.
D.Disagreement between the result of measurement and the value of the quantity measured
18. Which of the following characterises the dispersion of the results obtained in a series of measurements of the same value of a quantity measured
C.Root mean square deviation
D.Uncertainty of measurement
19. A surface gauge is used for
A.Levelling the surface plate
B.Checking the surface fmish
C.Laying out the work accurately
D.Finding the depth of the surface
20. Parasitic error is caused due to
A.Improper use of measuring instrument
B.Wrong design of instrument
C.Changes in ambient conditions
D.Errors in computation
21. A feeler gauge is used to check
B.Thickness of clearance.
Page 3 of 32