1. Who made the following classic statement. "When you can measure what you are speaking about and express it in numbers, you know something about it, and when you can't express it in numbers, your knowledge, is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind. It may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thought advanced to the stage of science.
2. The ease with which observations can be made accurately is referred to as
3. Accuracy of measuring equipment is
A.The closeness with which a measurement can be read directly from a measuring instrument.
B.A measure of how close the reading is to the true size.
C.The difference between measured value and actual value the smallest change in measurand that can be measured
D.(e) the capability to indicate the same reading again and again for a given measurand.
4. Which of the following errors are generally distributed in accordance with the Gaussian distribution
5. Tolerances are specified
A.To obtain desired fits
B.Because it is not possible to manufacture a size exactly
C.To obtain high accuracy
D.To have proper allowance
6. Which of the following is the most important characteristic of a measuring instrument in general
7. Sensitivity and range of measuring instrument have
Page 1 of 32