246. What is the lifetime of a geosynchronous communication satellite?
A. About 2 years
B. About 4 years
C. About 10 years
D. About 40 years
247. Due to which of the following reasons the low-orbit satellites are not used for communications?
A. They heat up and melt
B. They do not provide 24 hours per day contact to the users on the Earth
C. They produce sonic booms
D. They travel round the earth too quickly
248. In satellite commuication, frequency modulation is used because stellite channel has
A. high modulation index
B. small bandwidth and negligible noise
C. large bandwidth and severe noise
D. maximum bandwidth and minimum noise
249. From which of the following places APPLE was shot into orbit by European Space Agency (on 19.6.1981)
A. Banglore in South India
B. Cape Canaveral in Florida
C. Kourou in French Guyana
D. Carnarvon in Western Australia
250. What is the power received from Sun per m2 surface area of a geosynchronous satellite?
A. About 4000 W
B. About 700 W
C. About 1000 W
D. About 1700 W
251. When a communication satellite passes in to Earth's shadow, its temperature drops to about
A. 123 K
B. 223 K
D. 373 K
252. Unlike terrestrial transmission links,satellite links have very amount of power, hence they use FM with high modulation index.
C. either of the above
D. none of the above
Page 36 of 39