134. The owner of a communication satellite is usually required to keep the spacecraft on-station at its assigned place in the geosynchronous orbit with an accuracy of degree.
135. In selecting a satellite system, the first determining factor is its
B. antenna size
C. coverage area
D. antenna gain
136. Which statement out of the following statements is wrong?
A. attenuation of satellite signals by rain and fog varies almost inversely with the angle of elevation
B. at 12/14 GHz link frequencies, signal space a year are in power loss due to rain and fog is much greater than at 4/6 GHz frequencies
C. the distance between satellite and Earth station varies slightly with angle of elevation
D. at present 4/6 GHz geostationary satellites are being parked in geosynchronous orbits at least 100 apart
137. Which one of the following statement is correct?
A. satellite spacing is not affected by the bandwidth of the transmitting Earth station
B. beam-width in independent of antenna size and frequency band used
C. the width of a beam in space is inversely proportional to the width of the transmitting antenna
D. use of high-frequency bands permits less number of satellites to share the orbit
138. In communication satellites, the up-link normally operates at a higher frequency than the down-link because
A.it gives a narrow - beam shining into space
B. results in lesser signal attenuation
C. gives better beam-shaping
D. iseasier to polarize a high frequency beam
139. As compared to 17.340 antenna, the total increase in the signal relayed by 4.5? antenna of INTELSAT-IV is
140. Power received from Sun per m2 surface area of a geosynchronous satellite is nearly watt
Page 20 of 39