155. A sine wave is passed through an amplifier which severely limits it symmetrically. It then passes to a second amplifier which is narrow band and tuned to the frequency of the original sine wave. What will be the output waveform from this second amplifier?
A. A square wave of the same frequency as that of original sine wave
B. A square wave of double the frequency of that of original sine wave
C. A sine wave of constant ampliude at the frequency of the original sine wave
D. A sine wave of constant amplitude at double the frequency of the original sine wave.
156. For an amplifier, the coupling method which gives the highest gain is
A. impedance coupling
B. transformer coupling
C. capacitance coupling
D. resistance coupling
157. For high frequency response of a transistor amplifier, suitable model to use is
A. Kelvin network
B. Lattice network
C. Hybrid it
158. The bandwidth of a differential amplifier is comparable to that of a
A. Cascade amplifier
B. Darlington amplifier Double stage CE amplifier
C. Single stage CE amplifier
D. none of the above
159. The third harmonic of 300 Hz is
A. 100 Hz
C. 900 Hz
160. The main function of transformer used In the output of a power amplifier is
A. to step-up the voltage
B. to increase the voltage gain
C. to match the load impedance with dynamic output resistance of the transistor
D. to safeguard the transistor against overheating.
161. An RF amplifier has a frequency response curve with the following characteristics: Down 1 dB at 1.4 and 1.5 MHz Down 3 dB at 1.3 and 1.6 MHz Down 60 dB at 0.9 and 2.0 MHz What will be the standard bandwidth?
A. 0.03 Mliz
B. 0.3 MHz
C. 30 MHz
D. 130 MHz
Page 23 of 29