36. Which one of the following diodes is a square law device?
A. varactor diode
B. Zener diode
C. tunnel diode
D. crystal diode
37. The biggest disadvantage of the IMPATT diode is its
A. lower efficiency than for the other microwave diodes
B. low power-handling ability
C. high noise
D. inability to provide pulsed operation
38. A PIN diode is
A. a metal semiconductor point-contact diode
B. a microwave mixer diode
C. often used as a microwave detector
D. suitable for use as a microwave switch
39. The normal fade margin in a line-of-sight microwave system is ___ dB.
40. A transmission line has a VSWR of 2, the reflection coefficient is
41. Sync separator in a TV receiver
A. separates horisontal and vertical synch pulses
B. sparates sync pulses (horizontal and vertical) from the composite video signal
C. separates only horixontal sync pulses
D. separates only vertical sync pulses
42. The baseband bandwidth of television transmission is ____ MHz.
Page 6 of 28