1. The number of lobes on each side of a 3 X resonant antenna is
2. A quarter-wave monopole at a frequency of one MHz has a length of metre.
3. A parasitic element of an array is one which
A. is directly connected to the transmitter output
B. is spaced X18 from driven element
C. increases signal strength in its own direction
D. acts as a reflector or director depending on whether it is longer or shorter than the driven element
4. A half-wave dipole at a frequency of 100 MHz has a length of metre.
5. Which statement regarding end-fire array is wrong?
A. there is no radiation at right angles to the plane of the array
B. it has a dipole spacing of X/2
C. it is called a linear resonant dipole array
D. it has narrow bandwidth
6. Radiation resistance of a half-wave folded dipole is ohm.
7. Which statement ragarding the Yagi-Uda antenna is wrong?
A. it is an array consisting of a driven element and parasitic elements arranged collinearly and closely
B. it has extremely high gain
C. it has a folded dipole as the driven element
D. it is often employed as VHF television receiving antenna
Page 1 of 20