29. Which of the following statement regarding signle-sideband (SSB) transmission is not correct?
A. in such transmission, only one sideband is transmitted, leaving off the other side-band and the carrier
B.it has gained general acceptance for use in home-entertainment equipment
C. it is generally reserved for point-to-point communication
D. the amount of power and bandwidth necessary to be transmitted for a given amount of information are appreciably reduced.
30. Pilot-carrier transmission is one in which
A. only are sideband is transmitted
B. one sidebands and carrier are transmitted
C. only two sidebands are transmitted
D. two sidebands as well as a trace of carrier are transmitted
31. The main function of a balanced modulator is to
A. produce balanced modulation of a carrier wave
B. produce 100% modulation
C. suppress carrier signal in order to create a signal-sideband or double sideband
D. limit noise picked by a receiver
32. The amplitude of an audio-signal is 10 and that of the carrier wave is 50. Percentage modulation is
33. A bandwidth of 20 MHz is available for AM transmission. If the highest audio-frequency used to modulate the carrier waves is not to exceed 5 kHz, the number of stations that can broadcast simulteneously within this band without interfering with each other is
34. The total power content of an AM signal with 100% modulation is 1200 W. Power being transmitted at each sideband is watt.
35. If the power content of a carrier of an AM wave is 4 kW at a percentage modulation of 80%, power content of,each sideband is kW.
Page 5 of 42