232. FM discriminator changes the FM signal into
A. FM signal
B. AM signal
C. either of the above
D. none of the above
233. Which of the following cannot be used to demodulate SSB?
A. Complete phase shift generators
B. Diode balanced modulator
C. Product detector
D. Bipolar transistor balanced modulator
234. Sky wave propagation is used for transmission
A. long distance
B. medium distance
C. short distance
235. The bandwidth requirement for VSB system is the bandwidth for SSB system.
A. same as
B. less than
C. more than
236. microphone does not have a flat frequency response.
237. In case of FM, which of the following statements is not a reason for high signal-to-noise ratio?
A. Interference from other FM transmitter is very less
B.(a) There is less noise at frequencies at which FM is used
C. Amplitude limiters are incorporated in FM receivers
D. None of the above
238. The modulation index of a narrowband FM signal is
A. nearly equal to 1
B. much less than 1
C. much greater than 1
D. 40 percent
Page 34 of 42