15. The FM broadcast band is from
A. 550 to 1600 kHz
B. 88 to 108 kHz
C. 88 to 108 MHz
D. 1600 kHz to 59.75 MHz
16. An FM radio receiver which is tuned to a 91.6 MHz broadcast station may receive an image frequency of?MHz.
17. Each of the following statements regarding frequency modulation is true except
A. amplitude of the modulated wave remains the same as that of carrier wave
B. the amount of variation of deviation from the original carrier frequency is determined by the frequency of the modulating signal
C. the rate at which the frequency of modulated wave varies is determined by the frequency of the modulating signal
D. frequency of modulated wave increases as the signal voltage increases and vice versa
18. When a complex signal is used to frequency modulate a carrier, the resulting sideband distribution is
A. symmetrical about the carrier
B. not necessarily symmetrical about the carrier
C. decided by the predominant sidebands.
D. all of above
19. The standard intermecdiate frequency for FM radio is
A. 10.7 MHz
B. 4.5 MHz
C. 75 IcHz
D. 455 IcHz
20. An FM transmitter has maximum frequency deviation of 75 kHz and reproduces audio signals up to 15 kHz. Minimum channel width required is ?kHz.
21. With 100% modulation, ratio of sideband power to total power transmitted in anamplitude-modulated wave is
Page 3 of 42