218. A distance relay measures
A. current difference
B. voltage difference
C. impedance difference
D. distance between two CT's
219. Various power system faults in increasing order of severity are
A. LG, LL, LLG, LLLG
B. LLLG, LLG, LG, LL
C. LLG, LLLG, LL, LG
D. LL, LG, LLLG, LLG
220. Which of the following typeof reactors are popularly used in power systems?
A. compensation reactors
B. current limiting reactors
C. suppression or Peterson reactors
D. all of these
221. Shunt reactors are connected with transmission lines for
A. limiting fault current
B. limiting fault voltage
C. absorbing reacting power
D. absorbing high voltage surges
222. Minimum faults occur in which of the following power system equipment?
B. switch gear
C. CT, PT
223. Interruption due to fault and maintenance is minimum in
A. main and transfer bus arrangement
B. single bus arrangement
C. sectionalized single bus arrangement
D. double bus, double breaker arrangement
224. Most economic load on an overhead line is
A. greater than the natural load.
B. less than the natural load.
C. equal to the natural load.
D. none of these
Page 32 of 54