1. Regarding charging of a capacitor which statement is false?
A. the amount of time necessary to discharge a capacitor depends on its size and its series resisto
B. time constant of an R-C circuit is the time required to charge the capacitor to 70.7% of the applied voltage
C. five time-constants are necessary to charge the capacitor to 99 per cent of the applied voltage (or full charge)
D. the value of one time constant = CR
2. A capacitor of 1 RF is charged to 100 V and then disconnected from the power supply. Another uncharged capacitor of 3 AF is now connected a cross it. The common voltage across the combination is ?volt.
3. A series R-C circuit having R = 5S2 and C =100 p.F has a time constant of
B. 5 x 10-4 s
C. 0.005 s
D. 500 s
4. If a test lamp lights up when connected in series with a capacitor and a suitable dc supply, it clearly shows that the capacitor is
5. When a rectangular voltage waveform is applied to a capacitor, the waveform of its charging current is
D. none of the above
6. Which one of the following types of capacitor is polarized?
7. The type of by-pass capacitor that works best at high frequencies is
Page 1 of 22