22. With the rise in temperature, the temperature coefficient of resistance
A. remains unaffected.
23. The values of temperature coefficient of resistance of a given conductor are
A. the same atifferent temperatures.
B. higher at higher temperatures.
C. different at different temperatures.
D. none of the above
24. Temperature coefficient of resistance is defined as
A. increase in resistance per ohm per ?C.
B. increase in resistance per ?C.
C. decrease in resistance per ohm per ?C.
D. the ratio of decrease in resistance per?C to the resistance at 0?C.
25. The resistance of a parallel circuit consisting of two resistors is 12 Q. One of the resistance wires breaks and the effective resistance becomes 18 Q. The resistance of the broken wire is
A. 48 a
C. 36 ,a
D. 24 a
26. When one leg of a parallel circuit gets opened out, the current drawn from the supply will
C. remain the same
27. For a series as well as a parallel circuit
A. resistance's are additive
B. powers are additive
C. currents are additive
D. voltage drops are additive
28. The heating effect of electric current is used in
A. Electric furnaces
C. Electric irons
D. Vacuum cleaners
Page 4 of 25