50. A recording type rain gauge
A. produces a mass curve of rain fall
B. records the cumulative rain
C. is sometimes called integrating rain gauge or continuous rain gauge
D. all the above.
51. Symon's rain gauge is
A. tipping-bucket gauge
B. weighing type gauge
C. float recording gauge
D. non-recording gauge.
52. In India the recording type rain gauge generally used, is
A. weighing type
B. tipping type
C. float recording type
D. none of these.
53. The deficiency in rain catch due to vertical acceleration of air forced upward over the gauge, is
A. greater for heavy rain
B. greater for lighter rain
C. greater for large drops
D. lesser for small rain drops.
54. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
A. Higher the gauge, more deficient will be the rain catch
B. Heavier the rain, lesser will be the rain catch
C. The trees serving as wind brakes in the vicinity of the gauge, should not subtend angles greater than
D. All the above.
55. If a gauge is installed perpendicular to the slope, its measurement is reduced by multiplying
A. sine of the angle of inclination with vertical
B. cosine of the angle of inclination with vertical
C. tangent of the angle of inclination with vertical
D. calibration coefficient of the gauge.
56. The respective storm totals at three surrounding stationsA. B and C are 110,90 and 70 mm. If the normal annual precipitation amounts at stations X, A, B and C are respectively 1000, 1100, 1200 and 1250 mm, the estimated storm precipitation at Xis
A.(a ) 75 mm
B. 77 mm
C. 79 mm
D. 81 mm.
Page 8 of 21