43. Pick up the correct statement from the following
A. Central portion of a cyclone acts as a chimney through which air gets lifted
B. Cyclonic precipitation caused by a warm front is generally continuous
C. Convective precipitation generally occurs in the form of showers of high intensity in short duration
D. All the above.
44. Non-recording rain gauges ,
A. collect the rain whose volume is measured by means of graduated cylinders
B. collect the rain which is directly measured by means of graduated cylinders in centimetres of water depth
C. are generally used in hilly terrain
D. are cylindrical in shape.
45. Indian Meteorological department uses the standard gauges whose collectors have apertures of
A. 50 or 100 sq. cm area
B. 100 or 150 sq. cm area
C. 100 or 200 sq. cm area
D. 250 or 500 sq. cm area.
46. The polythene bottles are used for collecting rain water and their capacities is
A. 2 litres
B. 4 litres
C. 10 litres
D. all the above.
47. The specifications of most commonly used standard gauges in India, are
A. 200 sq. cm collector and 4 litres bottle
B. 100 sq. cm collector and 2 litres bottle
C. 200 sq. cm collector and 10 litres bottle
D. 100 sq. cm collector and 4 litres bottle.
48. The standard height of a standard rain gauge, is
A. 10 cm
B. 20 cm
C. 30 cm
D. 50 cm.
49. In India, rain fall is generally recorded at
A. 8 A.M.
B. 12 Noon
C. 4 P.M.
D. 8 P.M.
Page 7 of 21