64. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
A. The intensity of rain is the rate at which it falls
B. The duration of rain is the time for which it falls with a given intensity
C. The frequency of rain is the number of times, if falls
D. All the above.
65. The recurrence interval (R.I.) of 20 cm rain storm at a place is 5 years.
A. The place will definitely have 20 cm rain storm after every five years
B. The place may have 20 cm rain storm after every five years
C. The place may have 20 cm rain storm within a set of 5 years twice
D. None of these.
66. Pick up the incorrect statement from the following :
A. At two meteorologically homogeneous stations, the average annual precipitation is same
B. If the average annual precipitation at two places is same these are meteorologically homogeneous stations
C. Neither A nor B
D. Both A and B.
67. Sharp crested weirs are generally used
A. for large flows
B. for small flows
C. for streams carrying high sediment loads
D. for rivers carrying floating debris
68. The critical depth in a channel can be produced
A. by raising the bottom of the channel
B. by lowering the bottom of the channel
C. by decreasing the width of the channel
D. both A and C of above.
69. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
A. The throat of the section of a control meter is either rectangular or trapezoidal
B. The floor of the control meter throat is almost level
C. The floor of the expanding outlet of the control meter is given a steep slope
D. All the above.
70. A hydraulic jump in a control meter will be formed above the control, if its original
A. depth is more than critical depth
B. depth is less than the critical depth
C. depth is equal to critical depth
D. none of these.
Page 10 of 21