8. Which one of the following statements is not correct in respect of setting of an inclined tunnel :
A. Reference points are constructed at every 300 m.
B. The alignment is fixed from upper/lower apex point.
C. The level of the invert at the heading is marked by a tape.
D. None the above.
9. For transferring the'tunnel alignment through shafts, we adopt the following steps : 1. Hanging two or more plumb lines in the shaft 2. Determining the bearing of the plumb lines i.e. plumb plane 3. Suspending a 35 kg weight by each plumb line 4. Immersing the weights of both the plumb lines in the buckets containingi,vater. The correct sequence of steps is :
A. 1 2 3 4
B. 4 3 2 1
C. 1 3 2 4
D. 2 1 4 3.
10. For B.G. single track, the section of the tunnel must have a width
A. 4.2 m to 4.5 m
B. 4.5 m to 4.8 m
C. 4,9 m to 5.5 m
D. 5.5 m to 5.8 m.
11. For B.G. single track railway, the height of the tunnel above top of rails should be
A. 5.5 m to 5.8 m
B. 5.8 rn to 6.2 m
C. 6,7 m to 7.3 m
D. 7.3 m to 7.5 m.
12. The difference of heights of the tunnels above rail tops of BG and MG tracks is kept
A. 0.30 m
B. 0.45 m
C. 0.60 m
D. 0.75 m.
13. For tunnels exceeding 300 m in length, the grade should be proded below
A. 50% of the ruling gradient
B. 60% of the ruling gradient
C. 75% of the ruling gradient
D. 80% of the ruling gradient.
14. The advantages of providing a pair of tunnels as compared to only one large highway tunnel is :
A. economy in cost of construction
B. avoidance of head on collisions
C. provision of separate exit and entrance of two traffic streams
D. All the above.
Page 2 of 6