106. In plastic analysis, the shape factor for a circular section, is
107. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
A. In a loaded beam, the moment at which the first yield occurs is called yield moment
B. In a loaded beam, the moment at which the entire section of the beam becomes fully plastic, is called plastic moment
C. In a fully plastic stage of the beam, the neutral axis divides the section in two sections of equal area
D. All the above.
108. If Q is load factor, S is shape factor and F is factor of safety in elastic design, the following :
A. Q = S + F
B.Q = S F
C. Q = F ? S
109. The maximum height of a masonry dam of a triangular section whose base width is b and specific gravity s, is
B. b . s
110. The yield moment of a cross section is defined as the moment that will just produce the yield stress in
A. the outer most fibre of the section
B. the inner most fibre of the section
C. the neutral fibre of the section
D. the fibre everywhere.
111. The shape factor of standard rolled beam section varies from
A. 1.10 to 1.20
B. 1.20 to 1.30
C. 1.30 to 1.40
D. 1.40 to 1,50.
Page 16 of 16