78. The angle of intersection of a contour and a ridge line, is
79. In case of a double line river, contours are
A. stopped at the banks of the river
B. stopped at the edge of the river
C. drawn across the water
D. drawn by parabolic curves having their vertex at the centre of the water.
80. An imaginary line lying throughout on the surface of the earth and preserving a constant inclination to the horizontal, is called
A. contour line
B. contour gradient
C. level line
D. line of gentle scope.
81. From any point on the surface with a given inclination
A. only one contour gradient is possible
B. two contour gradients are possible
C. indefinite contour gradients are possible
D. all the above.
82. Location of contour gradient for a highway is best set out from
A. ridge down the hill
B. saddle down the hill
C. bottom to the ridge
D. bottom to the saddle.
83. Deviation of the actual road gradient from the proposed contour gradient up hill side, involves
A. embankment on the centre line
B. excavation on the centre line earth work on the centre line
C. none of these.
84. Two hill tops A and B 20 km apart are intervened by a third top C. If the top most contour of the three hill tops are of the same value, state whether the line of sight AB
A. passes clear of hill top C
B. passes below the hill top C
C. grazes the hill top C
D. none of these.
Page 12 of 60