36. The concrete may be accepted if the average equivalent cube strength of the cores, is at least 85% of the cube strength of the concrete grade at the specified age and no individual core possesses strength less than
37. The individual part of the structures is subjected to a load test for 24 hours by applying a load equal to full dead load of the structure plus
A. imposed load
B. 1.15 times imposed load
C. 1.25 times imposed load
D. 1.3 times imposed load.
38. The structure which is subjected to an imposed load after 72 hours for a period of 24 hours, is deemed to be unacceptable if it fails to recover the net deflection less than
A. 90% ,
39. Ifl is the effective span in metres and D is overall depth of the section in mm, the structure may be accepted after 24
A. 10 mm
B. 20 mm
C. 30 mm
D. 40 mm
40. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
A. The unit weight of plain concrete is assumed as 2400 N/m3
B. The unit weight of reinforced concrete is assumed as 2500 N/m3
C. The dead load includes self weight of the structural member plus weight of finishes and walls or partitions
D. All the above.
41. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
A. The effective span of a simply supported beam is clear span plus its effective depth or centre to centre of supports whichever is less
B. The effective span of a simply supported slab is clear span plus its effective depth or centre to centre of supports whichever is less
C. The effective span of a continuous beam or slab is the clear span plus its effective depth or centre to centrof supports whichever is less, provided the width of the support is less than of clear span
D. All the above.
42. The area of the concrete in compression plus the area of reinforcement transferred on the basis of modular ratio, is called
A. transferred section
B. equivalent section
C. cracked section
D. none of these.
Page 6 of 21