134. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
A. The diameter of a rivet, before driving is taken as the nominal diameter of the rivet
B. The diameter of the rivet hole is taken as the gross area of the rivet
C. For rivets of nominal diameters less than 25 mm, the diameter of the rivet hole is taken as the nominal diameter of the rivet plus 1.5 mm
D. All the above.
135. The minimum pitch i.e., the distance between centres of rivet holes is not less than
A. 1.5 times the hole diameter
B. 2.0 times the hole diameter
C. 2.5 times the hole diameter
D. 3.0 times the hole diameter
136. The maximum pitch of rivets for compression and tension members should not exceed
A. 32 t
B. 200 mm
C. 40 t
D. both (a) and .
137. Pick up the correct statement from the following :
A. The distance between centres of two adjacent rivets in line with the direction of stress shall not exceed 16 t or 200 mm whichever is less in tension members The distance between the centres of two adjacent rivets in line with the direction of stress shall not exceed 12 t or 203 ram whichever is less in compression members
B. The minimum pitch of rivets should not be less than 2.5 times the diameter of the rivet hole
C. The distance between centres of any two consecutive rivets in a line adjacent and parallel to an edge of an outside plate shall hot exceed 100 mm + 4 t or 200 mm whichever is less both in compression and tension
D. All the above.
138. The distance between rivet line and the nearest edge of a joint not exposed to weather, is taken where t is thickness in mm of the thinner outside plate.
A. 6 t
B. 8 t
C. 10 t
D. 12 t
139. The ratio of the effective length to the least radius of gyration of a tie member of a roof truss, which gets subjected to reversal of stress shall not exceed
140. For calculating critical compression stress in bending Cs for sections symmetrical about the x-x axis, from the formula the value of G is taken
A. 0.2 E
B. 0.3 E
C. 0.4 E
D. 0.5 E.
Page 20 of 21